Re: [cc65] The latest stable Uz cc65 release

From: <groepaz1gmx.net>
Date: 2015-08-24 21:27:25
On Monday 24 August 2015, 13:56:23 Bill Buckels <bbuckels@mymts.net> wrote:
> Sometimes poeple don't want to build and test a tool. They just want to use
> it.
[...]
> This is why I opt to work with a snapshot. I don't want to build a compiler
> every time I use it, and up to now I just want to use it and not build it
> all.

while i think that someone who is programming in C on restricted platforms
should always also have a "big" C compiler installed and be able to use it
(for various reasons) - i understand that not everyone does. thats fine -
thats why oliver is providing prebuild snapshots (the compiler is being
compiled automatically at every commit anyway). ->
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cc65/files/cc65-snapshot-win32.zip/download

that said, it took me almost 15 minutes to find that file, perhaps a link
should be placed at a prominent location (right below the "wiki" and
"documentation" links on the main repo site perhaps) :)

(i found the link now on the "getting started" page - but people who already
know the compiler wont ever look there...)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ar.pokefinder.org

Wanted dead and alive: Schroedinger's cat