Re: [cc65] The latest stable Uz cc65 release

From: Christian Groessler <chris1groessler.org>
Date: 2015-08-24 23:23:39
On 08/24/15 20:56, Bill Buckels wrote:
> This is why I opt to work with a snapshot. I don't want to build a compiler
> every time I use it, and up to now I just want to use it and not build it
> all. What I have done with cc65 may seem trivial to a compiler developer but
> it seems significant to me...

Maybe it would make sense to finally make a new "release". Everyone is
improving the github master branch, but for 3rd party developers who
just want to use the toolchain, they often don't care about the newest
features, but want to have a "known good version" they can build upon.

I know, this will require some effort of the target maintainers to test
their
targets and declare them as "good for release".

regards,
chris