Re: [cc65] No ASCII mapping?

From: thefox xofeht <>
Date: 2013-01-25 08:26:25
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Payton Byrd <> wrote:

> Is there a way to turn off ASCII->PETSCII mapping?  I am compiling an
> assembler program that uses an ASCII oriented Font and don't want the
> mapping to PETSCII for the .asciiz strings.

As far as I know, the default character mapping is tied to the target
system specified with "-t" option on the command line. You can use "-t
none" to specify no character mapping, but then you'll also lose the other
default settings related to that target platform.

Or if you can't use "-t none", you can use this snippet:

.repeat 255, i
  .charmap i+1, i+1

This will affect the entire module and the default PETSCII mapping can't be
restored later on (other than by using .charmap again).